Doc's eBay Motors Sucks Blog
Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Purchased an F250 Diesel on EBAY from Jim Warburton
Buyer Beware
sp_NewPost Add Reply sp_NewTopic Add Topic
Eqptguy
Guests
04/25/2014 - 1:31 PM
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_QuotePost

Purchased an F250 Diesel on EBAY from Jim Warburton. What a great deal...or so I thought! Flew into FL to drive truck to CA. Had an 11pm plane flight into Tampa, it was after midnight before I got to the truck so I was understandably tired (keys were left for me but no one around). Started the drive to Texas & noticed the LF tire was wearing down to the cords (major alignment issue) at a truck stop when refueling. This was a near new tire when I left & now had to worry about it blowing out on the 3,000 mile drive. No jack or spare tire removal tools, spare locked on truck with no key in truck anywhere. After searching the truck for a way to remove the spare tire, I noticed the tailgate was different from the one in the photos that I purchased. Tailgate on the truck was bowed in the middle with a 3" air gap, tailgate had several dents, white paint overspray that the listing did not have & the giveaway was the lack of a "Wade Ford" decal on the lower left corner from the originall selling dealer (clearly not same tailgate I purchased). Contacted Jim via Ebay & via text immediately with photos with no response. At that point waited till Monday to call him during business hours. Seller basically backed away at this point & would not take ownership that the tailgate was swapped out after I purchased the truck. Had to open an Ebay case & am requesting either a better tailgate or $500 credit so I can find one locally. Seller tells me I have no recourse with Ebay b/c it has been longer than 30 days to open a case. I have escalated with both Paypal & Ebay for help as this guy has left me hanging. BUYER BEWARE, make sure you cover your bases with this guy, not a good experience thus far.

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 52

Currently Online:
1 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

Legitimate_Bidder: 19

NoneYa: 10

Not a Legitimate Bidder: 8

Old car guy: 3

Scam Alert: 1